The STEM Lab at the Great Neck Library is open for programming during the library’s regular hours. In addition, we are available to assist patrons any time the room is staffed without a program taking place.
Email us at STEMLab@greatnecklibrary.org with questions or to schedule an appointment.
The STEM Lab contains the following equipment:
- Epilog Laser Cutter/Engraver
- Alienware Gaming Laptop
- Oculus Rift
- Oculus Go
- Cricut Printer
- 12 Sphero Robots
- 12 Little Bits Coding Kits
- 12 iPad Minis
- 2 iMacs
- 10 Dell Inspirons
- 2 Makerbot 3D Printers
- 5 Wacom Intuos Tablets
In addition to the variety of programming we are offering, patrons can also come in and learn how to operate the technology or work on the following types of projects:
- Design custom gifts, crafts, and more with our laser engraver
- Create unique items, replacement parts, and more with our 3D printers
- Paint a digital work of art with our Wacom tablets
- Learn to code with our Sphero robots and Little Bits
- Travel to new worlds with our virtual reality systems
- Design your own stationary and signage with our Cricut printer
- And much more!