Monday to Saturday: 10 am – 1 pm and 2 – 5:30 pm
Sunday: 1 – 4:30 pm (Main & Parkville only)
Evening hours for all locations begin Monday, April 19! Click here for more details.
The Great Neck Library is proud to be able to offer our services by online appointment! Choose your library location and service, and select a date and time that works best for you.
All patrons over the age of 2 years old must wear a mask or will not be allowed access to the building. For the safety of all, please follow all guidelines and procedures.
Curbside pickup for items is still available at our same service hours.
All returned items must be left in the book drops. Please do not bring them into the building!
There will be no browsing, seating, study areas, tutoring spaces, or meeting rooms made available.
There will be no newspapers or magazines available.
There will be no toys, puzzles, computers, iPad, Tutors available in the Children’s Room.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 15 min. reader’s advisory appointments with a Reference, Young Adult or Children’s Librarian
- 15 min. use of copiers or scanner
- 15 min. appointments for Circulation questions or library card registration
- 15 min. browsing by appointment (Branches) beginning April 19
- 30 min. computer use – see below about TurboTax computers
- 30 min. appointments with a STEM Lab Librarian (Main)
- 30 min. appointment with a Levels member (Main)
- 30 min. appointments in Media for assistance with OverDrive/Libby, Hoopla, RBDigital, and Kanopy
- 30 min. browsing by appointment (Main) beginning April 19
No account registration is required to make an appointment.
Please call the library at (516) 466-8055 and a staff member will assist you.
Computers and copiers/scanners can be booked the same as the services outlined above, simply scroll down to your options to find them. If your desired date and time is not showing up for a computer or copier, please select a different numbered one at that location and you should be able to find an open slot there.
Certainly! We’ve recently set aside a few computer stations that have TurboTax installed – two at the Main Library (2 hour limit each), and one at the Lakeville Branch (90 min. limit). Please look for the computer stations labeled “TurboTax” when booking your appointment.
For any further assistance, please call the library at (516) 466-8055.