The Great Neck Library is now a member of the LI LINK Consortium which is composed of public libraries in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. The purpose of the LI LINK consortium is to facilitate resource sharing among 107 Long Island public libraries. As a result, the amount of material available to Great Neck patrons has dramatically increased. We now have access to the collections (including media) of all Nassau and Suffolk public libraries.
Our patrons need access to many more materials than our library can ever hope to offer and often traditional interloan can be a lengthy process. Requests made through LILINK are quick, generated by you, the patron, and can be done in one of 2 ways:
1. You can go to our website https://www.greatnecklibrary.org/ and enter your title search in the box at the top of the page.
2. If no copies of your requested title are available as they are in circulation, you can either place a hold request in our catalog for a Great Neck Library copy or you can click
which will connect you to the LI LINK website where you can request the title. By clicking Request this Title in LI LINK an available copy of your desired title can be sent to the Great Neck Library for you.
3. When you search LI LINK, make sure you have your library card available as you will be asked for your name and library barcode.
First, you will be asked for your home library. Choose Great Neck Library from the drop down menu and click: Submit above information.
Enter your last name and first name in the top box.
Enter your library barcode in the second box.
Choose your pickup location (Main, Lakeville, Parkville or Station) and click: Submit.
The screen will display an acknowledgement of your successful request.
Please call us if you have any questions. We are here to help you!
You will be asked to enter your last and first name and your Great Neck Library barcode. You will also be asked to choose your pickup location (Main, Lakeville, Parkville or Station).
After you enter the above information, the following message will display acknowledging your request:
The other way to use LI LINK , is to place all your requests directly in LI LINK. If the Great Neck Library has an available copy of the title, the request will return to the Great Neck Library for us to process.
Being a member of LI LINK requires that we follow the policies of LI LINK.:
1. LI LINK items must be picked up at the pickup location entered when the request was made and checked out on the library card of the person who made the request.
2. LI LINK print items (adult and juvenile) circulate for 21 days with a maximum of 1 (one) 21 day renewal. Fines are 50¢ a day.
3. LI LINK media items (adult and juvenile) circulate for 7 days with a maximum of 1 (one) 7 day renewal. Fines are 50¢ a day.
4. LI LINK items borrowed by Great Neck Library patrons must be returned to the Great Neck Library to be checked in.
5. You will always know the status of LI LINK requests and checkouts. LILINK requests will display is your list of items on hold and LI LINK checkouts will display in your list of checkouts.
Remember that we are here to help you, so please ask us for help. It is our pleasure to assist you in any way we can.